* required field
Galle Premier Scrabble Tournament
1. Top 10 highest rated local players will be selected for this tournament
2. The active players(player should have played local rated tournaments within one year period of the cut-off date) as at 01st of September 2020 will be eligible to apply Galle premier tournament
3. Closing date for application will be 25th August 2020.
4. This tournament will be played “all play all “basis individually at a venue agreed by players ( at one of player’s home will be suitable) and no gathering of players will be taken place. Players shall play 3 games with their opponent.
5. To avoid any spread of Covid – 19 virus, players will be given important health guide line to be followed during the tournament.
6. Proposed Starting date-01st Sep.2020 and the finish date 01st Nov.2020
7. Players who will be failed to finish their games by 01st Nov 2020, shall play their games at Jayamahal building, Galle or venue decided by the tournament director. On this day each player shall play only a single game with each opponent
8. Those players who will fail to attend even on 01st Nov 2020, they will be forfeited.
9. Players who will fail to attend on 01st Nov 2020 due to infection of Covid -19 , he or she will be given a losing bye provided that he or she must produce a medical certificate issued by MOH or government hospital.
10. In case of curfew or any other force majeure event, sufficient time extension will be given by the tournament director.
11. Player, who will fail to attend on 01st Nov. 2020 due to an illness other than Covid -19, shall produce a medical certificate from a registered medical practitioner. Those players will be given losing bye while his or her opponent will be entitling to a winning bye.